Desalitech is looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated Copywriter to join our Newton, MA headquarters for 20 hours per week. The ideal candidate will possess exceptionally strong writing, fact-checking, proofing and time-management skills. This team member will work closely with our Marketing Team to create informative, consistent copy for all primary brand needs including (but not limited to) press releases, product focused collateral, presentations, abstracts, award nominations, brochures, fact sheets, event collateral, digital and content marketing.
Desalitech, based in Newton, MA is the leading water startup in the world, selling revolutionary industrial water treatment and purification machines to many of the F500 companies that produce almost every product each of us consumes daily.
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensuring consistency and adherence to Desalitech copy standards
- Writing informative, persona based, brand-right descriptions and compelling marketing copy across Desalitech collaterals, emails, brand website, social media, education materials and more
- Proactively responding to copy requests and consistently deliver high-quality copy that’s on-brand
- Maintaining high standards for writing and proofreading
- Proofing and fact-checking copy for brand voice, style, quality and accuracy of information presented
- Reviewing copy generated by other departments and ensure that it conforms to the unique voice and style of Desalitech
- Brainstorming copy and topics for articles and blogs
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism or related field
- Professional copywriting experience or writing/editing experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to adhere to deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Prior experience and interest in with sustainability or environmental topics
- Experience blogging and with social media
- Experience with graphic design programs such as Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Candidate must be able to spend 2 full days at Newton office locations with a 3rd half day working onsite or remotely.
Desired Skills & Characteristics:
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong fact-checking and proofing skills, with an inherent attention to detail
- Must be comfortable with technology and technical copy writing
- Must be comfortable writing copy geared towards different audiences with different key messages
- Ability to work well in a team environment but also think and work independently, understanding and executing requests with minimal supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively with other team members and departments
- Strong time management, organizational and listening skills
- Flexible to evolving responsibilities
- Curious, career-focused and dedicated, with a positive and proactive attitude.
- Deadline oriented
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work environment
- A fun workplace and team with unique challenges every day
- Opportunity to help the water industry’s most innovative company solve one of the world’s most pressing problems
More about Desalitech:
The world is running out of available water, infrastructures are aging and awareness is building. All these macro drivers are aligning in favor of high efficiency water treatment, reuse, and desalination. Today the leading technology that addresses those challenges is old, inherently inefficient, and not very reliable.
Desalitech’s disruptive and patented water purification and reuse product line greatly reduces treatment costs while streamlining & stabilizing customers’ operations. Since opening its US offices in 2013, Desalitech has helped companies including Coca Cola, Procter & Gamble, Archer Daniels Midland, and other Fortune 500 companies save significant amounts of water, energy and money. In that process, it has built a stellar team and won major industry awards, including the “Breakthrough Water Tech Company of the Year 2016.”
For more information or to submit your resume and cover letter, please contact Leanne Hersey – email@example.com