Field Service Engineer
Desalitech, a leading provider of Reverse Osmosis systems, seeks a full-time field service engineer to join our expanding world-class support team. The successful candidate should enjoy working with people, take pride in resolving customer issues, and relish the opportunity to travel extensively. The ideal applicant will enjoy troubleshooting and resolving complicated issues, and is generally proficient with the use of hand tools and is also mechanically inclined. Some water pre-treatment/RO experience a plus.
The ability to work in high pressure situations with minimal support, the capability or willingness to work long hours on occasion are extremely sought after attributes of the desirable job-seeker. Our Reverse Osmosis systems are operated in many different industries (refineries, power generation & municipalities to name a few sectors). You will report to the Customer Success Manager, work alongside a team of dedicated colleagues, and provide feedback to senior management and the engineering team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- On-site installation and repairs of Desalitech Reverse Osmosis equipment across the U.S (on occasion, some international travel may be required).
- Analyzes RO system malfunctions and troubleshoots solutions onsite or remotely.
- Notifies Customer Success Manager regarding any issues that impact the ability to provide positive results affecting customer satisfaction with the service call.
- Will conduct on-site Predictive Maintenance Inspections on Desalitech RO machinery using various measurement and testing devices.
- Adheres to safety procedures at HQ and remote locations. Reports any safety issues, including “near misses” and accidents as soon as possible.
- Customer training and support from office/home office/and in the field, via phone, email or remote access tools.
- Up to 50-80% overnight travel
- Record customer interactions and issues using Desalitech internal database.
- Provide detailed notes of on-site support work.
- Follow up with engineers and sales managers to ensure customer issues have been addressed.
- Submits accurate, complete travel expenses.
- Continual improvement skill-set desirable.
- Affinity for troubleshooting and fixing things.
- Comfortable with computers, networking and simple electrical components.
- Quick learner with strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Reverse Osmosis Operations a plus.
How to Apply:
**RESUMES SUBMITTED WITHOUT THE INFORMATION BELOW WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED**
To be considered for this position, please email a copy of your resume (Word, PDF, Plain Text or RFT only) and respond to the following:
- Are you authorized to work in the US?
- When can you start?
- What compensation do you desire?
Desalitech, headquartered in Newton, MA, has reimagined traditional Reverse Osmosis systems that have pervaded the water purification sector for the past 60 years. With Desalitech’s patented CCRO technology, Desalitech systems are rapidly replacing traditional water purification methods. We are recruiting for a hardworking and dedicated individual and we are committed to hiring the best candidate. Desalitech offers a rewarding compensation package including base salary, profit sharing & health & dental benefits, a 401K retirement plan, a business casual atmosphere complete with fun company functions and excellent growth opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time, Based out of Newton, MA